Compiling Packages and Forms 5.0

From: Mark S. Reichman <reichmanm_at_rl.af.mil.>
Date: 17 Mar 99 20:55:09 GMT

Sorry if this shows up twice. I dont think our news server was working yesterday and it decided not to post the original.

I have a package in the database and Oracle Forms that call functions withing this package. Sometimes, not everytime, I recompile the package some of the forms break. I have even witnessed form errors based upon functions that were never edited, only recompiled with the package. I really dont want to have to recompile my forms everytime I recompile packages in the database. I find it hard to believe this is so... I dont want the forms to complain about the functions unless they are actually missing or the paramaters have changed. Whats going on here?

Secondly, are there any tricks to speed up compiling packages? Maybe some SQL set command or memory settings? Received on Wed Mar 17 1999 - 14:55:09 CST