Business Objects 3.1.4 Report

From: <bburns1018_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 19:31:26 GMT

Hi, all!

I am developing a Business Objects 3.1.4 report, complete with three Condition Prompts, connecting to an Oracle 8 DBMS. Is there a way to constrain the list of values (LOV) on one prompt based on the values selected on the others?

For example, for the ENTER DEPARTMENT condition prompt, I select the values
"Human Resources" and "Supply" from the condition prompt's LOV. This LOV is
on the DEPT_NAME field in a table where fields DEPT_NAME and ACTIVITY_NAME comprise the primary key. Next, for the ENTER ACTIVITY condition prompt, I select a value or values from this condition prompt's LOV. This LOV is on the ACTIVITY_NAME field in the same table.

As a result, I retrieve all unique Activity Names in this LOV, regardless of the Department to which they apply. However, in this scenario, the desired result is an LOV for the ACTIVITY NAME condition prompt comprised of unique values from the ACTIVITY_NAME field which are associated with DEPT_NAME value
"Human Resources" or "Supply".

Is this possible, and if so, how can it be implemented?

Thank you,

Bernard Burns
MRJ Technology Solutions