Importing Packages Only

From: Bill Buchan <bbuchan_at_ossian.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 18:43:23 -0000

I have accidentally dropped some packages that I wanted to keep. Fortunately these were in the full export file which I had just generated. But I can't find any way of importing just these packages without importing the whole export file back into another schema and then copying them.

I can see how to import individual tables from a dump file, TABLES=tablename, but I can't see any way of being selective about any other objects.

Is this correct? Do I have to wait for a huge import job to run to get at a couple of small packages? There must be a better way!

Any advice gratefully received as ever! Many thanks,

PS: Oracle 8.04 on NT4 Received on Wed Mar 17 1999 - 12:43:23 CST