Limit Page Size - paging thru data on a web page

From: nichols <nichols_at_blarg.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 15:52:14 -0800

Does anyone have an example of how to retrieve the next 20(and so on) rows from an Oracle table via a select statement and/or Oracle stored procedure. This is needed so the user can page thru a lot of records on an HTML web page.

I have example that gets all the records but only displays so many at a time. The problem with this one is that it retrieves all the rows from the Oracle server and sends them to the web server. The asp script loops the records and only sends the 20 or so records to the client's web browser. That's alot of data going across network.

Note: Microsft IIS web server, ASP, Visual Basic (used for the middle tier) and Oracle stored procedures are used for the application we are building.

Thanks for your help,

Frankie Received on Tue Mar 16 1999 - 17:52:14 CST