Two transactions on diferent levels

From: David Bosch Geli <david_at_elpunt.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:50:58 -0000

I am programing with pl/sql in Developer/2000 Form Builder.

I have a question: While the form is running and the user is doing his job, I want to insert a line in a table and commit this line without committing the job done by the user.

By now, if a put a statement in a procedure with the instruction commit, what it does is commit all the posted records that the user has done and all the unsaved work.

Is it possible to start a new transaction, commit it and then return to the transaction of the user?

Thank you.

My e-mail is david_at_elpunt.com Received on Tue Mar 16 1999 - 14:50:58 CST