RENAME Command

From: <paalani_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 15:26:37 GMT

Hi,

I have a doubt. Oracle's On line help tells that we can use RENAME command to rename a table,view,sequence or a private synonym.

I created a sequence with name pal. When I issue Rename Pal to Pal1 , the feedback at the sql prompt is table renamed.(why ?. it is a sequence. I expected sequence renamed).

When I issue select pal1.nextval from dual it gives ORA-600 Error. I have tried with different sequence names also. what will be the reason?.

Yours

Palani.