Re: Connecting between Personal Oracle 8 and Developer 2

From: Mike Burden <michael.burden_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:09:26 +0000

You don't say which version of developer you are using.

If it's 4.5 you must connect via sqlnet (net8) not directly.

To do this you must run the listener. (execute from the command line lsnrctl80 i think). Then you can use sqlnet easy config and check you've got a successful sql net connection. Check this from SQLPlus 3.x and if all that works developer should be a doddle.