SQL - Selecting by field with & in it

From: Christopher Latta <clatta_at_ozemail.com.auX>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:11:33 +1100

I'm trying to run a select statement through Delphi 4 C/S to Oracle 8 like:

SQL.Text := 'SELECT * FROM PHONEBOOK WHERE SEARCHKEY = ''O''Riley & Smith''';

That is, the search value is:

O'Riley & Smith

I'm getting a "missing right quote" error. I have isolated this to the ampersand, as this is used in Oracle 8 to allow interactive queries, where the query prompts you for values before creating the row.

Is there any way to select on such a value? Double ampersands don't work....

Christopher Latta Received on Tue Mar 16 1999 - 01:11:33 CST