Re: Performance Tuning - speed

From: <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 02:24:20 GMT

Try to tune sql statements with explain plan/tkprof. If you don't have control over sql statements, run program in debug mode and process trace file with tkprof, it'll show you time hogs. By the way, sometimes full table scan is working much faster than index search (rule of thumb: <5% of data - use index,