Re: REPOST: Copying a LONG via Trigger?

From: Ken Rachynski <krachyn_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:10:39 -0700

Nicholas,

I have recently discovered that, but this was an old system that got migrated to Oracle. At the time of the migration, LONG sounded like it best fit my needs.

I did some further testing last week and discovered that the front-end that I'm using (Paradox 7) does not like CLOBs very much which means that I'm stuck using manual routines to archive each record instead of a nice neat trigger. On the plus side, I have only one table that uses a LONG so I don't have to do too much work around this issue.

With luck, I'll get to rewrite everything in Delphi sooner than later and I'll have full control over what data types to use.

--
Ken Rachynski
Database Analyst