OCI program

From: Yacov Wolfowicz <yacovw_at_rose.ecitele.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:23:16 +0200

Hi,
Here is my problem:
My input is several files. I need to read it, create db records and insert them to a certain table in the database. I'm using OCI, inserting the records in arrays of 200 or so and getting very good performance. So far, so good.
The problem arises when there are some records in the files which have the same key ( which is supposed to be unique in the table). Now, the whole insert action is failed and none of the 200 records was inserted. My question is this: is there a way for me to retreive the INDEX of the record that failed? ( let's say that i get an error saying : "record no. 95 failed to be inserted" ). That way i can remove the faulty record and try again.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

   Yaki
--
Don't take your organs to heaven.
Heaven knows we need them here... Received on Mon Mar 15 1999 - 09:23:16 CST