Re: where do you get nwcalls.dll - Why are they not in the packa

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 99 10:10:20 GMT

In article <36e9a2a0.4467801_at_news.minn.net> wjkoob_at_minn.net writes:

>I have loaded a microsoft ver 3.1 of personal Oracle 7 Enterprise
>Edition. 3 cd rom's and nurmerious disks.
>If this darned thing was not so old - their would be support
>available.
>
>Then loaded 3.1 on machine and loaded it under 3.1
>When testing the Odbc it would not work complained
>about missing dlls one of which is nwipxspx.dll etc.
>Why do you need these dll's and if you do need them
>why does not Oracle send them with their package?
>When trying SQL*Plus for windows it complained about
>Missing "nwcalls.dll" said it is included with win95 - well
>it is not on my version - nor was it in my 3.11 version of
>windows.
>Where can I get nwcalls.dll? Yes I've used lycos etc.
>to find a download site.

http://support.novell.com

When you installed the SQL*Net component, you probably selected the IPX adapter as well as the TCP/IP adapter. The missing .dlls are components of the Netware client (IPX) stack. Uninstall the IPX adapter and see what happens.

Philip

 Philip Chee: Tasek Corporation Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA   e-mail: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my Voice:+60-5-545-1011 Fax:+60-5-547-3932    Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
---
 þ 10116.95 þ File COLDBEER.CAN not found....operator not loaded! Received on Sat Mar 13 1999 - 04:10:20 CST