Migration from Access to Po8 problem

From: T. Kao <tsaikao_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 13 Mar 1999 21:57:42 GMT

I am new to Personel oracle. I ran the migration tool from MS Access to PO8. After it is done ( on Win98), everything looks OK. The first time I restarted the datab base, it failed. So I increse the buffer size. The it was able to startup. The Tables etc. are all there. I shut down oracle. When I start the databse again a day later, it fails, and give an error of
ora-1157. I looked up the error message,. It said something about cannot find the file.

Can someone give me some help as to what happen ?

I have Fieldhouse's Explore Personal Oracle. I find it less useful than the document provided by Oracle. If you know of a good book on Personal Oracle  not on Oracle 8, since PO is different), please let me know.

Thanks in advance. Received on Sat Mar 13 1999 - 15:57:42 CST