Re: PLS-00801: internal error [74806]

From: Steven Whatley <swhatley_at_blkbox.com>
Date: 13 Mar 1999 03:36:18 GMT

daniel_nu_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
: Does anyone know what this means (subject line)? I'm running Personal Oracle
: 7. The documentation says:

These PL/SQL internal errors are a bear to debug. I believe this means the PL/SQL compiler is confused about some syntax and doesn't know what to do about it. The only way I've found to find the line causing the problem is to commentout the entire PL/SQL routine, compile, uncomment one line, recompile, uncomment another line, recompile,...

Keep doing this one line at a time until the PLS error occurs.

The most recent one I had to debug was when another programmer used LEVEL in the ORDER BY clause. Once the person aliased the colomn and used hte alias or a positional number, the PLS error went away.

Good luck,
Steven
--

                 _|_  |  _|_   "I am the way and the truth and the life.
                  | --|-- |     No one comes to the Father except through
Steven Whatley    |   |   |      me.  If you really knew me, you would
Houston, Texas        |           know my Father as well.  From now on,
swhatley_at_blkbox.com   |            you do know him and have seen him."
http://www.blkbox.com/~swhatley/        -- Jesus Christ (John 14:6-7 NIV)