Re: where do you get nwcalls.dll - Why are they not in the package

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 00:07:38 GMT

A copy of this was sent to wjkoob_at_minn.net (bill koob) (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 23:35:07 GMT, you wrote:

>I have loaded a microsoft ver 3.1 of personal Oracle 7 Enterprise
>Edition. 3 cd rom's and nurmerious disks.
>If this darned thing was not so old - their would be support
>available.
>
>Tried it in win95 it would not work.
>Then loaded 3.1 on machine and loaded it under 3.1
>When testing the Odbc it would not work complained
>about missing dlls one of which is nwipxspx.dll etc.
>Why do you need these dll's and if you do need them
>why does not Oracle send them with their package?

i believe nw = NetWare. I know ipxspx is their networking protocol. Are you using Netware? did you install sqlnet for IPX/SPX? if so, you need to install ipx/spx support.

>When trying SQL*Plus for windows it complained about
>Missing "nwcalls.dll" said it is included with win95 - well
>it is not on my version - nor was it in my 3.11 version of
>windows.
>Where can I get nwcalls.dll? Yes I've used lycos etc.
>to find a download site.

did you configure to use netware by any chance? i believe that is one of theirs as well.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Mar 12 1999 - 18:07:38 CST