Re: ORACLE 7.3 - Is There a way to detect a user connection

From: Chris Hamilton <ToneCzar_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 17:16:57 GMT

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:06:19 GMT, Jean-Michel GRELAUD <grelaud_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>For security reason, I have to detect when a user is connecting to a database
>and then to check the last time he change its password.
>
>After some search in the Oracle documentation I was thinking that the best
>way was to add a trigger on each insert into the "v$session" table... But
>this table is recovered by a view named also "v$session".
>
>I have tried as the "SYS" user to drop this view without success !

Maybe you could set up database auditing -- audit connects and other events by the particular user.

See the Oracle docs on the AUDIT command.

Chris

Chris Hamilton -- toneczar_at_erols.com
City of Washington Pipe Band
http://www.serve.com/cowpb/chamilton.html Received on Fri Mar 12 1999 - 11:16:57 CST