Re: SQL*Plus remove extra line after wrap

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:59:31 +0100

ldigiova wrote
>How do I eliminate the extra line which appears after a line has been
>word-wrapped? Why does this line appear.

It appears due to an SQL*Plus setting....

    set recsep off

Taken from the online help:

RECSEP {WR[APPED]|EA[CH]|OFF} RECSEPCHAR { |c}

Display or print record separators. A record separator consists of a single line of the RECSEPCHAR (record separating character) repeated LINESIZE times.

RECSEPCHAR defines the record separating character. A single space is the default.

RECSEP tells SQL*Plus where to make the record separation. For example, if you set RECSEP to WRAPPED, SQL*Plus prints a record separator only after wrapped lines. If you set RECSEP to EACH, SQL*Plus prints a record separator following every row. If you set RECSEP to OFF, SQL*Plus does not print a record separator.

Arjan. Received on Fri Mar 12 1999 - 09:59:31 CST