Re: ORA 600 - Internal Error

From: Kapil Madan <kapil.madan_at_in.bosch.com>
Date: 12 Mar 1999 06:24:16 GMT

Here is what Oracle's Help says:

ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [num], [?], [?], [?], [?], [?]

Cause: This is a catchall internal error message for Oracle program exceptions. It indicates that a process has met a low-level, unexpected condition.

Various causes of this message include:

        time-outs
	file corruption
	failed data checks in memory
	hardware, memory, or I/O errors
	incorrectly restored files

The first argument is the internal message number. Other arguments are various numbers, names, and character strings. The numbers may change meanings between different versions of the Oracle Server.

Action: Report this error to customer support after gathering the following information:

        events that led up to the error
	the operations that were attempted that led to the error
	the conditions of the operating system and database at the time ofthe
error
	any unusual circumstances that occurred before receiving theORA-00600
message
	contents of any trace files generated by the error
	the relevant portions of the Alert file

Note: The cause of this message may manifest itself as different errors at different times. Be aware of the history of errors that occurred before this internal error.

Hope this will be of help

Kapil

Imel Rautenbach <imel_at_vst.co.za> wrote in article <7c8714$buv$1_at_news3.saix.net>...