Re: It's so difficulty in developing on Developer

From: <jeff109_at_NOSPAM.netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:19:35 GMT

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 03:59:56 GMT, kynam24_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> We are now using Oracle Developer to develop big application,
>in which we have to produce a lot of forms,reports and many
>functions to serve our management purposers .But we can't find
>any features of PL/SQL that support array .Having not array functions
>and supports cause many thing so strange over many popular programming
>language .So ,is there anyone who can show me how to solve this
>problem ?.

You may want to try defining a variable as a table. For instance, you could define your own type...

	type vc_array_type is table of varchar2(10)
		index by binary_integer;

...and then define variables as that type.

        array_var vc_array_type;

Then you could deal with array_var(1), array_var(2), etc.

Hope this helps.
-Jeff Received on Thu Mar 11 1999 - 09:19:35 CST