REPOST: Copying a LONG via Trigger?

From: Ken Rachynski <krachyn_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 07:44:28 -0700

Good day,

This message was originally posted on Monday. As it is now Thursday and nobody has chosen to answer, I'm going to ask again.

I have a routine that I used to copy the contents of one table to another where both had a LONG column, so I know I can move the LONG data

between tables. However, this was for a mass copy of records.

I wrote a trigger (before delete for each row) to insert the record into

an archive table. This works fine execpt for the LONG column was the only column not inserted into the archive. How do I insert the data from

the current record into the archive table for the LONG column?

Below is a copy of the trigger I'm trying to use, the Notes column is a LONG and is not getting copied to the destination table.

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER comms_bef_del_row BEFORE DELETE
ON comms
FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN

       INSERT INTO acomms
       VALUES (:old."Comm ID", :old."Contact ID", :old."Project Lead
ID",

:old."Topic", :old."Entry Date", :old."Entry By",
:old."Modified Date", :old."Modified By", :old."Exchange",

:old."Signature", SYSDATE, USER, :old."Notes");
END; Thanks in advance for any replies.

--
Ken Rachynski
Database Analyst