Update / Insert Stored Procedure

From: steve <sjm26_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 19:05:10 +1100

In an SP that does an update (if the row exists) or an insert (if it doesnt already exist) Whats the most efficient way to check if the row exists to decide whether to run the insert or update routine?

I need to add alot of rows in as short a time as possible. Currently I open a cursor to see if the row exists - but is there a better way?

(A Unique key is passed in as a parameter)

Thanks. Received on Thu Mar 11 1999 - 02:05:10 CST