Re: meta-data

From: Kapil Madan <kapil.madan_at_in.bosch.com>
Date: 11 Mar 1999 04:35:29 GMT

You can use the Dictionary table in oracle to get to know all about the meta data.
on sql prompt:
set pause on;
select * from dictionary;
Gives Two columns
1)Table Name
2)Comments - explaining the meta data held by the table. Do a desc on the table name to get the column names. Use this in a select statement to get the info you want.

John McManus <mcmanus_at_pop.dn.net> wrote in article <36e71e0f.2544610_at_news2.dn.net>...