Re: physical layout w/ only 2 disks

From: Satar <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 01:08:47 GMT

Let's face it. with only two drives, you're asking too much to achieve high performance on an I/O level. Here's what I would do:

Disk A - One control file, One set of members of my redo log groups, system tablespace, Index Tablespace, Tools Tablespace, temp tablespace.

Disk B - One control file, The other set of members of my redo log groups, Data tablespace, and RBS tablespace.

You can query the v$filestat table to see which datafile gets the most request for I/O and adjust the above suggestion accordingly.

And yes, since you only have two disks, I would have two control files (not three).

Regards,
Satar
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
"Opinions are the result of the voices in my head only, and do not reflect my employer or Oracle Corporation."