Re: NT read request size

From: Patricia Schorsch <pschorsch_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:16:08 -0800

Does the io size depend on what cluster size you format the drive? I know with UNIX the read request is 64kb so with DB_BLOCK_SIZE set at 4kb you can set DB_FILE_MULTIBLOCK_READ_COUNT to 16. But I can't find in any documentation what the most amount NT reads in a single read request would be. If it is variable (64K-512 bytes) then how do I set it or find out what it is set at?

I could turn on my system monitor and just do huge reads and see what the average read is but that is kind of backwards and not going to be accurate.