Reserved Table_Name?

From: SHolley774 <sholley774_at_aol.com>
Date: 10 Mar 1999 15:56:55 GMT

    We are in the process of converting from Forms 4.5 16-bit forms (version 4.5.6.5.5) to Forms5.0 32-bit forms (version 5.0.6.8.0). We have a form that runs fine in Forms 4.5, but will not compile in Forms 5. The problem seems to be with a table we have named 'LEAK_TEST'. Whenever we try to compile this form in Forms 5, we get the follwing error: 'PL/SQL ERROR 356 ... 'LEAK_TEST' must be a table to which the user has access...' The Leak_Test table is in the database and there is a public synonym for the table. We do not have this problem accessing the table with SQLPLus. If we put the Owner's schema on the table (i.e. SMITH.LEAK_TEST) the form will run. If we rename the table, the form will run. If the user copies the table to their own schema ('Create table LEAK_TEST as select * from LEAK_TEST') the form still won't run unless the owner's schema is added to the table name.

     Since re-naming this table will solve our problem, this is not critical to our data base. But, we would still like to know why won't this table name work. Is LEAK_TEST a reserved table name? Is there an over-riding, hidden Oracle Forms procedure named 'LEAK_TEST' that is preventing access to this table and interfering eith the public synonym? If so, what does it do?

TIA
Steve Holley
email - steven.holley_at_trw.com Received on Wed Mar 10 1999 - 09:56:55 CST