NS_LANG and co

From: Etienne Gourdon <etienne_at_mail.univ-lr.fr>
Date: 10 Mar 1999 14:27:17 GMT

Hello all,

We're using ORACLE v7.3.2.3.0 with OpenStep/Mach (Unix) and Win NT

Is it possible to store extended character (french accent ! ) on both system and retrieve them without problems ?

For the moment our NLS_CHARACTERSET is US7ASCII and we can store extended characters on one system and retrieve it on the same system but if we want to retrieve it on the other system, it failed.

Do we need to set NLS_CHARACTERSET to something like FRENCH..WE8..ISO...

Thanks for any answer (by email please!) Received on Wed Mar 10 1999 - 08:27:17 CST