Re: Accessing Multiple Oracle Homes from One Client PC

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 00:33:09 -0500

Hi,

    Your TNSNAMES.ORA file on your PCs can address multiple instances of Oracle on the same or different machines. When your users log in they can specify the machine they wish to connect to. (To make it easier for the users you can even assign aliases such as "A/R" to the system used for Accounts Receivable and "PR" for the system used for Payroll).

regards

Jerry Gitomer

--
Jerry Gitomer
Computers were made for selling, not for using. They don't give you any grief until you try to use them. Received on Tue Mar 09 1999 - 23:33:09 CST