Re: Oracle on NT backup tools?

From: <insuresystems_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 00:40:02 GMT

I've used Seagate Backup Exec for 7.3 databases. They claim that it will work for Oracle 8. Basically it invokes an Oracle hot backup and then backs up the resulting files. There is fairly good documentation on how to get the database back after various problems. So far, except for testing, I haven't had the 'opportunity' to find out if they work.