Re: Help please! ORA-604 Max Cursors Exceeded problem

From: Wicksey <Wicksey_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Mar 1999 08:46:57 GMT

Thomas,

Thanks very much for your help (again!) I am still curious as to why this occurred though, as I don't have more than 20 cursors open at once (at the most). Once you declare a cursor in a forms package, does it stay allocated for the whole duration of the application? Also Cursor For loops implicitly call Open, Fetch, Close so how could they remain open? Is it influenced by a SQL Plus session being open at the same time?

Thanks again for your help,

Wicksey Received on Tue Mar 09 1999 - 02:46:57 CST