Re: Oracle programming

From: Wei Tang <wtang_at_cs.ualberta.ca>
Date: 9 Mar 1999 04:36:03 GMT

Wei Tang (wtang_at_cs.ualberta.ca) wrote:
: Hi,

: I am wondering which is the better way in Oracle server-side programming,
: Pro*C with embedded SQL or OGI?

Oops, that should be OCI.

: I want to call an external program from a stored procedure (or a trigger).
: But I am not quite sure how to do it. Somebody told me the dbpipe package
: is useful. But how?

: Thank you for helping me out.