Re: Question on Check Constraints

From: <cary_at_nams.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 22:20:16 GMT

Hi, Kevin,

  Table check constraints will not allow you to prevent the same key value from appearing in 2 different tables since you cannot use SQL subqueries in check constraints. What you could do is set up 2 database before insert triggers, each of which makes sure that the key value for the current record does not appear in the 'other' table. If it does, the insertion can be made to fail.