Re: Does Oracle stop support for Oracle 7.3x?

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 21:35:23 GMT

It depends on the platform. Oracle used to have a policy of supporting back releases for 18 months or so. Since 8.x has been out for about 15 months in production on some platforms, support for the 7.x releases should begin to be dropped. However, there are platforms for which there is not a current 8.x release (IBM MVS for example is 7.3.x, as of this writing), so there will be some support for 7.3 for a while. You need to check for your platform.

In article <36e2b232_at_news.uk.ibm.net>,
  "Nicolas Bronke" <NBronke_at_TRINITY.de> wrote:
> I read an article of the Computerwoche Page 16 of this week, where Oracle
> will announce a replacement from earlier Oracle releases to Oracle 8.x.
> Regarding to this article, that tells that the replacement also be able in
> germany, I read that Oracle will not support Oracle 7.3.3 and earlier.
>
> Is that true?
>
> --
> Kind regards
> Nicolas Bronke