Re: Oracel Client on BSD UNIX

From: Akexander Mikhailov <alevmi_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 12:20:15 +0300

Andrew,
there are several options.
Uploading is best done with Loader anyway so for upload I would make UNIX directory visible to Windows box and schedule Windows jobs invoking Loader to place data in Oracle database.
I assume you mean Windows NT where you may schedule jobs with "at" command. For simple downloading tasks it's possible to use SQL*Plus again on Windows box putting files later on UNIX via ftp or file sharing. If you'd rather do some coding, why not consider Java, if it's available on your UNIX box. Here it's possible to use thin JDBC driver that doesn't require client SQL*Net installation.
Hope these ideas help.
Regards,
Alexander Received on Sat Mar 06 1999 - 03:20:15 CST