Re: Oracle 8 Instalation

From: <justvrk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 10:02:35 GMT

In article <36de5ef4.4803301_at_news.telecom.pt>,   talvez_at_nao.sei.pt wrote:
> I'm having some problems installing the Oracle 8.
> I can't contact with the DB server. How can I solve the problem???
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> @talvez

Hi Talvez:

You need to supply more information about the OS on which U are working. But based on my experience I belive U are working on NT. None the less You can check the following list as recommended by Oracle in most of the OS specific installation guide.

  1. check whether you can ping to the db server from any other m/c in the network. ( IF U are working on a standalone m/c check whether TCP/IP is properly configured. 2) Is the Oracle Server properly installed. 3) What about the configuration of listener.ora and tnsnames.ora

If U can add a few more details, perhaps I could help U in a better way.

Vinayak Kulkarni