Dial-up access problems - Ora7/Netware

From: Stephen Clarke <stephen.ctr.clarke_at_faa.dot.gov>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:03:19 -0500

Hi!

Our Oracle 7.3.2.3 Server for Netware installation is being accessed remotely over the phone through a Shiva box. Win95 users are hanging up repeatedly but intermittently during a relatively simple select statement, whereas WinNT users work fine. One difference I notice is that Win95 has to "disable current network connections", whereas NT does not.

The problem seems to have arisen after we added a bunch of indexes to several of our tables to decrease other retrieval times. Dropping/recreating the particular indexes involved in this select sometimes helps, as does shutting down the instance.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of problem?

TIA Stephen Clarke Received on Fri Mar 05 1999 - 16:03:19 CST