Following threads and Missing messages.

From: Mike Burden <michael.burden_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 10:25:49 +0000

I'm totally confused with the way threads on this (what ever it is) usenet group work.

I'm finding it difficult to follow threads because thread chain is different depending on the method I use to look at it. I'm currently using Netscape Messenger but I recently read a reply which seemed to be out of context. I checked the thread using the www.dejanews.com web site using standard html to find out the thread tree for the same message was significantly different. The trouble is both seemed incorrect and even worse was that someone had replied to my comment which didn't appear when using netscape messenger or IE news.

Which method do I trust. I wonder how many other threads are corrupt. Does anyone know what is causing this problem and are there any workarounds. Am I doing something silly.

Please help. Received on Fri Mar 05 1999 - 04:25:49 CST