Re: LONG datatypes - what's the trick?

From: Mike Burden <michael.burden_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 15:40:28 +0000

That's the way it is. Oracle only partially supports long columns presumably because it was too much effort.. Annoying isn't it. You have to resort to hand crafted code using PL/SQL or ProC code etc.... Long is made redundant in 8 by the introduction of blobs. A quick scan of the manual tells me that they are better supported but I'm still not sure whether you can use them in the manner below.