Help Urgent...Select Statement

From: <grateful1_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 13:54:27 GMT

 I have an assignment to complete for a beginner course in Oracle (that will only be 45 hrs total). I am having a problem with the script I created. Could someone please help? This is the question asked: There are 4 technicians in the company: John, Maria, Nancy and Steve with the following hourly rates: John $25/hour, Maria $32/hour, Nancy $22/hour, Steve $30/hour. For every service call, create a SELECT statement that will provide the total cost(parts + labour).

 Here is the script I have up to now with the error it gave:

 SQL> SELECT own.name, photoc.Photocopier_Id, serv.Sc_Number,

   2     SUM(prt.Prize +
   3     SUM(DECODE
   4     (det.Technician, 'John', 35, 'Maria', 32,
   5         'Nancy', 22, 'Steve', 30, 0)
   6         * det.Hours_Worked)) "Cost"
   7   FROM Owners own, Photocopiers photoc, Parts prt,
   8             Sc_Details det, Service_Calls serv
   9   WHERE serv.Sc_Details = det.Sc_Number
 10               AND det.Part_Id = prt.Part_Id
 11               AND serv.Photocopier_Id = photoc.Photocopier_Id
 12               AND photoc.Owner_Id - own.Owner_Id
 13 GROUP BY own.Name, photoc.Photocopier_Id, serv.Sc_Number;  GROUP BY own.Name, photoc.Photocopier_Id, serv.Sc_Number  *
 ERROR at line 13:
 ORA-00920: invalid relational operator

Can someone please help me with this error, I have tried to correct this without success. Thank you for your time. P.S. it is due on Friday.