Strange date problem -- please help !!

From: Jørgen Haukland <jorgen.hauikland_at_fou.telenor.no>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 12:33:50 +0100

Hello all Oracle gurus !

I am updating a date field in my Oracle 8.0.4 (NT) database from a Web-application (IE 4.01, ASP +++). When we went from february to march the following happened:

01.03.1999 was stored in the database as 03.01.1999! (Or 03-JAN-99 as the default dispay shows me)

Now, to the funny (or should I say: The part that drives me nuts !?!) part: When I give the Web-app a date with number_of_day_in_ month > 12 (Ex 25.03.1999) Everything works fine !! I get 25-MAR-99 when i query the dB.

Here is some informtion thet might help some of you:

   nls_date_format                     string  DD.MM.YYYY HH24:MI:SS
   nls_date_language                   string
   nls_iso_currency                    string
   nls_language                        string  AMERICAN
   nls_numeric_characters              string
   nls_sort                            string
   nls_territory                       string  AMERICA

THE MAIN QUESTION IS HOW COME THAT THIS WORKS FINE WHEN THE DAY NUMBER > 12 ???

-jørgen haukland
NORWAY Received on Thu Mar 04 1999 - 05:33:50 CST