Re: Installer in Silent Mode

From: Maoz Mussel <maoz_at_mindcti.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 11:06:34 +0200

I faced similar problems, follow some tips that may help: 1. You should use the /prd switch - the operating system prd file (contain a list of products), with a full path to its location, e.g.  /prd %CD_DRIVE%:\win32\install\nt.prd
2. You can use the /resultMessage switch, which will write the installer exit
error message to a file, e.g., /resultMessage c:\temp\inst.log 3. Try to remove 'orainst' from the product list, which it will install anyway.
As far as I remember, I faced the same problem you described when specifying this product. If it does not help, try to change items in this list, it worked
for me (for some reason it is also don't install everything you specify in this list).

Hope that's help; I also faced some other problems with this silent installation, maybe someone can help:
1. I could not install enterprise manager though I specified it on the list. 2. On the response file, I specified rdbms73.db_content="None" (don't install
default database), but it still did that installation; Why ??

Maoz