Re: Y2k problem with 7.3.4

From: Mike Burden <michael.burden_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 08:53:15 +0000

I would recommend that you don't use the RR or RRRR format. See my message entitled 'Date format RR limitations'. It only moves the problem to the year 2050. This may be enough but how many people said the same thing 20 years ago. Either use the YYYY format or write your own function. As soon as you approach the year 2050 the RR and RRRR format will behave, from a users point of view, unexpectedly.

Best of luck.