Re: Please, Information about Oracle NCA

From: <nxname_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 02:47:43 GMT

In article <79n873$b16$1_at_talia.mad.ttd.net>,   "Francis P." <caixa8_at_caixaontinyent.es> wrote:
> I need information about NCA. Where can i find information , documentation,
> links, etc?
> Tank you
> Francis Perez-Mateu
> caixa8_at_caixaontinyent.es

I hope the following information will help you.

If you are asking about configuring the Applications servers - I do not know. But if you need to know from the point of programming in D2K read on.

D2K programs will work without modifications. Oracle implemented its "runform" program in Java, called appletviewer. This appletviewer can directly load the oracle forms/reports from an http: server - a simple download into memory - and execute it.

The database can be on another server. The database is accessed via the IP address.

If you ignore the buzz words, then it is very straight forward, you need not worry about anything.

Caution: Downloading the forms and reports from the application server and accessing the data using the IP port can be very time consuming on a modem.