Re: Y2k problem with 7.3.4

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 20:42:30 +0100

Thomas Kyte wrote
>Huh? why obviously. To me it means that you have 1900 >in your database, not 2000.

Thanks Thomas, your example takes my worries away :-)

Carl: don't scare us again, letting us believe that Oracle support has told you to use RR in your select statement...

>SQL> insert into t values ( to_date( '01-JAN-1900' ) );

Carl: if you want to try this as well, then make sure that your NLS_DATE_FORMAT supports yyyy, or use

insert into t values ( to_date( '01-JAN-1900', 'dd-mon-yyyy' ) );

>looks like you might already have bad data in your database

Carl: you might want to run the script below to check for that. Note that it takes a long time to run, so you might want to run it outside production hours. Also note that CC returns the century, which is 20 for 1999!

Arjan.

select table_name, column_name, check_result
from   y2000_date_checks
where  check_result = 'OK';

select table_name, column_name, check_result
from y2000_date_checks
where check_result != 'OK';

select check_result, count(*)
from y2000_date_checks