Does Pro*C use ODBC to connect to Oracle?

From: <flaggedatbest_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 17:32:07 GMT

Hi

I am having trouble getting started using Pro*C ver 8 and Visual C++ Ver 5.

My Oracle database server is on hpux but I have ODBC running and regularly use VB to access that database with no connect problems.

When I compile my Pro*C applications with MS Visual C++, my sqlnet.log fills up with repeated TNS Failures (12203,12560,102)

In my userid/password string I try including the @host.domain.zone to no avail.

Any help appreciated!!!

-Dan

http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Tue Mar 02 1999 - 11:32:07 CST