Re: PLSQL debugging

From: <gjlinker_at_geocities.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 17:29:31 GMT

Hi Sven,

> sorry but writing output lines is kind of old fashioned when we are
> talking about debugging.
> Your tools is very nice and much better than using DBMS_OUTPUT there it
> is still not a real debugging tool.

No I agree that it is not a full featured debugger with options like setting breakpoints and watches. However the tool provides something very nice. You can just leave the OraDebug.Debug statements in your code. Whenever you feel the need to have a look again you can start looking at the messages again. I use this where I work now to verify if a certain bit of PL/SQL is doing what it is supposed to do without recompiling it.

Anyways, be my guest to try the lite version of OraDebug.

You can download it from http://members.aol.com/gjlinker

Regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker