Re: Starting SQLPLUS with Prompted Username/Password

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 10:25:43 +0100

Roy Hardin wrote

>C:\ORAWIN95\BIN\PLUS33W.EXE username\password_at_db @c:\testscriptsql

>If I leave the username password out, it interprets the script file as part
>of the username/password and doesn't work.

That should not be true! Well, when not specifying the username, you cannot specify @db either. But you should be able to specify only the scriptname, like

    C:\ORAWIN95\BIN\PLUS33W.EXE @c:\testscript.sql

Or use -nolog meaning you do want SQL*Plus to logon:

    C:\ORAWIN95\BIN\PLUS33W.EXE -nolog @c:\testscript.sql

Then, in your script add something like:

    accept uname prompt "Enter user name"     accept upwd prompt "Enter password"     connect &uname./&upwd._at_db

However, this does not run gracefully at all if the user enters the wrong username or password... Furtermore, the password it visible on the screen...

Arjan. Received on Sat Feb 27 1999 - 03:25:43 CST