Calling a DDL or external program from an Oracle SP. Can it be done.

From: On my way <on_at_myway.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 09:17:28 +1100

Hi,

I am developing some DLL's that I want both SQL Server and Oracle to be able to call, and then get a return result from the DLL as a variable.

This is easy with SQL-Server using extended stored procedures. Can I do the same from within Oracle

No need to tell me DLL's are only on a Microsoft platform, this I know. So for other platforms, such as unix, can I C program, or similar and get the same functionallity

Thanks
Heath

heath_at_anthouse.com Received on Fri Feb 26 1999 - 16:17:28 CST