Re: How do you dereference the 'ampersand' ????

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 19:50:04 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Keith Kwiatek" <kkwiatek_at_nist.gov> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:26:19 -0000, you wrote:

>I have a script that inserts some rows into a table.
>
>During the middle of running the script it stops to ask for " a value "....
>
>I realize that this is because one of my inserts has an ampersand (&) in the
>field...
>
>But how do I de-reference it?
>
>Post or email me at kkwiatek_at_nist.gov
>
>Keith

put a

set define off

at the top of your script and it'll be ignored (or set define <some other character> or set scan off, they'll all do it)

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Feb 26 1999 - 13:50:04 CST