Access-Restiction by Client

From: Thomas Keller <Thomas.Keller_at_debis.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:11:49 +0100

Hi,

is there any posibility to delimit access to a oracle 7.3-Database (HP-UX) depending on the Client-Software? How? Is there a 'second password' I could hard-code in my client-software?

I've got a lot of users. Each users has its own oracle-userid and password. Now I don't want the users to access the database via ODBC or just any kind of client except the client I wrote. My client uses SQL*Net V2 and runs under Win NT.

Thank you all!

Ciao,
Thomas Received on Fri Feb 26 1999 - 07:11:49 CST