Re: CASE statement implemented?

From: Stefan Sandow <stefan.sandow_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:09:57 +0100

Wayne or Donna Weiselogel wrote in message ...
>Try the following, it is used extensively in Oracle procedures.
>IF....THEN...;
>ELSIF.....THEN....;
>ELSIF.....THEN....;
>ELSE....THEN....;
>END IF;
Right, that's what I wanted...but of course in SQL Statements! The other Database (MS SQL 7) and even MS Access can do it! And I think I read a very old Newsmessage, where a guy working for Oracle stated that they added the CASE Statement in Oracle 7.something, to provide a more readable and better functionable and more powerfull version of that DECODE. Stefan Received on Fri Feb 26 1999 - 02:09:57 CST